June 17, 2011

Style File Friday: Strawberry Festival


Sheesh!  It's getting difficult to pick which event to feature.  This weekend alone there is the Madison Blues Festival, awesome music on the terrace, a great print exhibit opening, the Parade of Homes (is a house really ever finished- I wonder hope) oh and NOT to forget Sunday is Father's Day.  Once again my love of food, especially seasonal food, has helped me in my decision.  That's not to say beer on the terrace sounds like a bad meal, 'cause it sounds great right about now.

The Strawberry Festival it is!  It's strawberries and strawberry treats, people dressed as a strawberry, wine tasting, a 5k/10k run, craft fair, book sale, plant sale....all rolled into one delicious day.

A side note about me: One of my summer jobs growing up was at a strawberry patch.  What you picked was weighted and that was how your payment was calculated.  That said while picking you could eat all the strawberries you wanted.  It would mean you weren't paid as much at the end of the shift because those eaten of course didn't make it into your basket.  Three things I learned: 1. You can eat TOO many strawberries.  2. It's worth it unless you have to bike 3 miles home afterwards-which I often did.  3. It was one of the best jobs ever: paid to eat-almost.

So I guess what I am saying is if you plan on running that 5k/10k or taking the Zumba class, eat the strawberries, treats and wine AFTER.  Same goes for the kids, inflatable games first and food later.  You WILL have a fantastic time!*

The Strawberry Festival Outfit:

Dress by Scrapbook (now made in the USA!!!): $68
Bejeweled Necklace/Earring set: $24

See you at the strawberry patch!
~Lauren

{Know of an event I should feature?  E-mail me with the details lauren(at)shopthepurplegoose(dot)com}

Can't get enough of Style File Fridays?  Check out more here!

* Unless you do the daily events in the opposite order as prescribed.

No comments: