June 18, 2010

Style File Friday: Parade of Homes

Introducing: Style File Fridays!  This is where we'll feature goose-a-licious outfits alongside local events where they, along with you, can make a stylish debut.
 
 

I probably shouldn't admit it but when I go for walks around the neighborhood at night I like peeking into other's homes.  No, I'm not a peeping Tom I just like the decorating ideas it can lend (sometimes what not to do) as well as the perspective it gives on life.  As life and problems often seem easier when you are on the outside looking in- it reminds me to take a step back.  But I digress.  I do think that it is only natural to want to see how others live, decorate and landscape.  Which is probably why the Madison Builder's Association's Parade of Homes has been drawing crowds since 1950.  To learn more about it visit www.maba.org.
 
This week's outfit features a locally made necklace, abstract printed tank and chambray skirt all for under $100!  We've seen similar tanks and tees on the runways for $44 and up.
 
Parade of Homes Outfit
Necklace: JJive $32
Tank: $24
Skirt $42
 
Stop in the Madison store to see the Parade of Homes outfit in person.  Or call and we can have it available at the Verona store for you.
 
Have a great weekend!

{If you have an upcoming event that you would like featured send me an e-mail (lauren(at)shopthepurplegoose(dot)com)}

No comments: