January 12, 2011

What I Wear Wednesdays

We are so excited to introduce another weekly special blog post, What I Wear Wednesdays!  It's not that we feel our outfits are super extraordinary or that you should be enraptured by them but its the process, the troubleshooting, the life behind an outfit that can spawn more creative ways of looking at our closets.  So it is our hope that What I Wear Wednesdays will become a source for those moments (AH! what am I going to wear today?!?), get your creative juices going, and get you out the door looking and feeling goosalicious!

This Wednesday started with the usual 2-stop kid drop off, then an hour in my son's classroom, and off to work by 10.  As usual, I never give myself enough time to get ready (who does?), but I have it down pretty well.  Choose a bottom first, pick a top that fits my mood, then layer it up for the 20 degree weather.  The jewelry was something I threw together in 30 seconds using an old earring that lost its mate.  I decided it went perfectly with my outfit so I turned it into a necklace.  (You can do this too.  Just grab a chain or leather cord you have lying around and wrap the earwire from your earring to secure it as a pendant.  Voila!  You have a new necklace.)

What I Wore Wednesday:

Diva IT! Denim- $74 from The Purple Goose (TPG)
Military Jacket by Tulle- $84 from TPG
Floral Gauze Top- vintage Goose 2010
Layering Tank- $15 from TPG
Stretch Belt- $19 from TPG
Necklace- homemade:)
Black Patent Leather Danskos- $115 from Cornblooms


You can change this look in so many ways.  Trade skinnys for bootcut denim. Add a scarf. A more fitted shirt, skip the belt. Boots instead of Danskos.  The options are endless.


Have a specific style/fashion issue?  Let us know on facebook and we may just feature the solution here.

No comments: