May 6, 2011

Style File Friday: Chelsea's Hope


Note to new readers: I'm usually fun, happy, honest and try to keep this PG (normally this stands for Purple Goose but in this case actually means the societal rating of PG).

It's Mother's day weekend.  We all stop and think about the women that have been in our lives.  I'm lucky enough to still have my Mother but when she was my age she wasn't as lucky.  For various reasons many of us are no longer able to shower them in praise and love.  Cancer is just one of those reasons but it's a big one.  It's a sad truth that cancer has and will affect most everyone we know.  No I don't mean everyone will struggle with it but someone they love probably will.  And that quite frankly sucks.  Cancer sucks.

But I don't want to be a downer here.  We have a LOT of things to celebrate, be grateful for and to keep fighting for.  So without further adiue I present this weekend's event, one that is very close and dear to our hearts: Chelsea's Hope.  You'll also notice this is a BRIGHT pink dress for this very bright pink occasion.  We're kicking cancer square in the pants.  No lazy, indecisive, unopinionated pinks here.  Square. In. The. Pants.


Vertical Ruffle Dress: $58
Crystal and Chain Necklace: $35

Ready?  Aim. Kick!
~Lauren


{Know of an event I should feature?  E-mail me with the details lauren(at)shopthepurplegoose(dot)com}

Can't get enough of Style File Fridays?  Check out more here!


No comments: